The Indianapolis Reggio Collaborative (IRC) is a partnership between Butler University College of Education, Indianapolis Public Schools and St. Mary’s Child Center.
The Indianapolis Reggio Collaborative is composed of a community of educators dedicated to continual professional growth in understanding and applying principles and practices of Reggio Emilia in order to provide environments that honor the rights of children and families and provide experiences that help each child develop to his/her fullest potential.
The Indianapolis Reggio Collaborative, along with a broad coalition of educational and civic partners, had the pleasure of hosting “The Wonder of Learning- The Hundred Languages of Children” exhibit from Reggio Emilia, Italy starting in July 2009. In conjunction with the exhibit, the organizers offered a series of workshops and conferences addressing the integration of visual arts in classrooms and issues of diversity, social justice, and equity in early childhood education.
The Indianapolis Reggio Collaborative had the privilege of hosting The Hundred Languages of Children exhibit in 2009 at the Indiana State House.
Thank you to everyone who helped to make the exhibit’s stop in Indianapolis from Italy a success. The stay in Indianapolis was the exhibit’s first Midwestern stop and only its third appearance in the United States.
“The Hundred Languages of Children is a continuously updated traveling exhibition that has been telling the story of the Reggio Emilia educational experience worldwide to thousands of visitors for over 25 years.”
This initiative was offered by Reggio Children in collaboration with NAREA
and hosted in Indianapolis by…
- The Indianapolis Reggio Collaborative (St. Mary’s Child Center, The Early Learning Centers of MSD Lawrence Township, Warren Early Childhood Center of MSD Warren Township, and Butler University College of Education)
- Office of the Mayor of Indianapolis
- Indiana Department of Education
- Indiana Association for the Education of Young Children
- Indiana Family and Social Services Administration
- Indiana Head Start Collaboration Office
- Family Development Services
- Indianapolis Public Schools
- Day Nursery Association of Indianapolis
- United Way of Central Indiana
- Young Audiences of Indiana
- Indianapolis Museum of Art
- Consulate of Italy in Detroit and Honorary Vice Consulate of Italy in Indiana
3 conferences, artists workshops, and other events were offered in conjunction with the exhibit.